Thursday, August 10, 2006

What are neighbors for?

I want to thank my friend and neighbor Madhava Ghosh, (who lives two miles up the road) for encouraging me to reactivate my blog.

I started off with a flurry of posts at the beginning of the year when I...

A short time later, I found myself working feverishly into the night on a new manuscript. I was off to a good start, but then...

Soon after that I was forced to focus on...

I didn't want to stress myself out so I thought I would reduce my writing schedule and go on protracted walks...

When that didn't work out I…

Finally, I spent two exhausting weeks getting ready to attend the National Storytelling Conference in Pittsburgh last month. Fortunately, it was only an hour and a half drive from my home.

Then my friend and neighbor left several messages on my voice mail. He was wondering why there had been no activity on my blog for seven months, (obviously he didn't understand how busy I was) and he encouraged me to begin again.

I didn’t call him back because I lacked the courage to tell him that I had forgotten both the name and password for my blog. I spent several days scrambling to get that info.

Ghosh, Thanks! For not giving up on me.
Check out his blog at: http://walkingthefenceline.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

Blogger Madhava Gosh said...

More encouragement

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home